The main features of Webskein are...
- Everything works through a web browser, and maintaining your website is quite like operating a word processing program.
- You can run Webskein with a single administrator, but you can allow others to maintain certain sections if you want to, and choose whether they can update the site directly, or whether the senior administrator has to approve what they do first.
- You can put text, photos/images, audio and video, and Flash animations on your web pages. You can also have PDF documents on your site (and other document types, if you insist!)
- There are integrated 'extras' like maps from Google to show your church location and directions, and weather information from Accuweather. (If you want one website for a team ministry with several churches, you can make a map with up to 15 on.)
- It's easy to include news feeds from other sources, like your national or denominational organisation (if their own web development is sufficiently advanced to provide them!)
- You can put your church services and events onto your website's calendar... and then use that information to produce monthly calendar grids, event lists, and even your weekly Sunday news-sheet, ready to send directly to your printer. (So updating the website isn't an extra job, because you type the information once, and use it where you need it.)
- You can choose from a selection of tasteful site colour schemes and banner backgrounds, and Webskein will make a banner graphic for you with your church name on it, or you can make your own banner graphic artwork and load it.
- You can make some pages private if you want and give selected people access to read them: the pages will be invisible to anyone who hasn't logged into the site.
- You can add messageboard facilities to a page to encourage discussion - visitors to the page can add comments, but you remain in control as they aren't published until you approve them. (You can use this facility in conjunction with private pages as well as public ones.)
- There's a web links manager to help you keep your links to other sites checked and organised.
- Webskein keeps track of editing for you so you can't for example, get broken links in your site by deleting a page which other pages link to.
- And there's more...